Call for Abstracts
There is a possibility for researchers to present their research at the XIX world congress on Trophopblastic Diseases in September 2017.
Oral or poster sessions during the program. Abstract will be selected by the scientific committee based on relevance, originality and scientific merits of the study. Abstracts should be submitted no later than 16 June 2017. You can submit your abstract to your registration. You can do this right away, but you can also submit the abstract later to your registration.
No new submissions or edits will be accepted after the deadline. There is no limit on the number of abstracts that may be submitted by one person or organization. If you want to submit more than one abstract please use this link for every abstract.
If accepted for presentation, all presenters must register as participant for and attend the conference.
Abstract Guide Lines
The abstract should be written in clear, concise and unambiguous English.
The maximum number of words is 400 This does not include your Title or Author String.
The body of the abstract must include the following sections:
- Objectives: an introductory sentence indicating the purpose of the study
- Methods: a brief description of experimental procedures, including statistical evaluation where appropriate
- Results: a summary of the data
- Conclusions: a statement of the conclusions
- Abstracts must be blind — all references to the organizations and/or authors by name must be omitted from the title, program description, and body of the abstract in order to ensure a fair, unbiased review process.
- Spell out acronyms upon first usage.
- Use 3rd person pronouns when talking about your organization, avoid "we", "our", and, "us".
Review and Selection
Each abstract will be evaluated through a blind, peer review process by the scientific committee. Abstracts will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Content—Substantive, innovative, of interest to potential attendees
- Quality of the science and studies involved
- Presentation of abstract—Grammar, spelling, clarity of the writing
- Relevance to the conference key concepts and categories
- You will receive further notice if you are selected to explain your research during the world congress in the week of July 30, 2017.
- Bagshawe ISSTD prize for best overall oral presentation (first rewarded in 2015)
- ISSTD prize for best junior investigator oral presentation in clinical research
- ISSTD prize for best junior investigator oral presentation for translational/basic research
- ISSTD prize for best junior investigator poster presentation in clinical research
- ISSTD prize for best junior investigator poster in translational/basic research
If you are a junior investigator (<35 years), you have to add a letter of confirmation by your Head of the Department to contend for an award.
Scientific & Poster Review Committee
Marianne ten Kate-Booij